All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSome time ago, while at a New York flea market, inveterate collectors Michael Hurst and Robert Swope discovered a large body of snapshots: album after aged album of well-preserved images, taken roughly between the mid-50s and mid-60s, depicting a group of cross-dressers united around a place called Casa Susanna, a rather large and charmingly banal Victorian-style house in the Catskills. The inhabitants, visitors, guests and hosts used it as a weekend headquarters for a regular girl's life.' Through these intimate photos we see fashion shows, parties and family.'
- Author BiographyMichel Hurst was born in France and studied architecture in Paris. After concluding his studies, Hurst traveled the world extensively, researching and documenting various vernacular decorative arts. In 1985, he co-founded the influential twentieth century design gallery Full House in New York City with his partner Robert Swope, an artist--formerly of the musical group Beirut Slump, headed by Lydia Lunch--and filmmaker ( Too Lazy to Live ). They live and work in Easton, Pennsylvania, and New York City.
- PublisherpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintpowerHouse Books,U.S.
- Content Note1
- Weight514 g
- Width186 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMichel Hurst,Robert Swope
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.