All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChandigarh Casablanca documents two different but complementary urban realities that have played a fundamental role in the imagination, the definition, and the redefinition of the 20th-century modern city. Modern urbanism has traditionally ascribed universal value to avant-garde ideas originating in Europe and North America, and developments in n-Western regions as derived from those original models. This study shifts perspective in search of a new understanding of the modern city, taking into consideration the complex history of diverse cultures and changing borders. Focusing on a range of issues from the symbolic use of architecture to construct stunning monuments, to the creation of public spaces, housing design and social facilities, it features many images by two n-western photographers, Yto Barrada (French Morocco) and Takashi Homma (Japan), to construct a relevant definition of the modern city in a global sense.
- Author BiographyMaristella Casciato, is Associate Direction, Research at the Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) in Montreal. Tom Avermaete is professor of architecture at Delft University of Technology (Netherlands), with a special research interest in the public realm and the architecture of the city in Western and non-Western contexts.
- Author(s)Maristella Casciato,Tom Avermaete
- PublisherPark Books
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- Place of PublicationZurich
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPark Books
- Content Note120 colour, 280 b&w
- Weight666 g
- Width150 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.