Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents case-based reasoning in a systematic approach with two goals: to present rigorous and formally valid structures for precise case-based reasoning, and to demonstrate the range of techniques, methods, and tools available for many applications.
- Author BiographyProf. Michael M. Richter completed his PhD on mathematical logic at the University of Freiburg, and his Habilitation in mathematics at the University of Tubingen. He taught at the University of Texas at Austin and at RWTH Aachen, in addition to numerous visiting professorships. He was president of the German Society for Mathematical Logic and the Foundations of Exact Sciences for four years. Most recently, from 1986 he held a chair in computer science at the University of Kaiserslautern, where he was also a founding scientific director of the DFKI (German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence). In 2005 he became an adjunct professor at the University of Calgary. He has taught, researched, and published extensively in the areas of mathematical logic and artificial intelligence. Prof. Richter is one of the pioneers of case-based reasoning: he founded the leading European event on the subject, he led many of the key academic research projects, and he demonstrated the real-world viability of the approach with successful commercial products. Dr. Rosina Weber is an Associate Professor in the College of Information Science and Technology at Drexel University in Philadelphia. She received her PhD from the Dept. of Production Engineering of the Federal University of Santa Catarina in Brazil, in a sandwich program collaboration with the Dept. of Industrial & Management Systems Engineering of the University of South Florida in Tampa. She has a master's degree in operations research and a bachelor's degree in business administration. She was a postdoc at the Navy Center for Applied Research in Artificial Intelligence at the Naval Research Lab in Washington, DC. Her key research interest is knowledge engineering and management, using intelligent methods and techniques such as case-based reasoning, information extraction, fuzzy sets, genetic algorithms, neural networks, and ontologies in applications in domains such as law, defense, nutrition, medicine, finance, biology, and psychology.
- Author(s)Michael M. Richter,Rosina O. Weber
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication23/08/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note173 black & white illustrations, 7 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight854 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2013
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.