Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.81
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a set of case studies exemplifying the broad range of statis- tical science used in environmental studies and application. The case studies can be used for graduate courses in environmental statistics, as a resource for courses in statistics using genuine examples to illustrate statistical methodol- ogy and theory, and for courses in environmental science. Not only are these studies valuable for teaching about an essential cross-disciplinary activity but they can also be used to spur new research along directions exposed in these examples. The studies reported here resulted from a program of research carried on by the National Institute of Statistical Sciences (NISS) during the years 1992- 1996. NISS was created in 1991 as an initiative of the national statistics or- ganizations, with the mission to renew and focus efforts of statistical science on important cross-disciplinary problems. One of NISS' first projects was a cooperative research effort with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on problems of great interest to environmental science and regulation, surely one of today's most important cross-disciplinary activities. With the support and encouragement of Gary Foley, Director of the (then) U.S. EPA Atmospheric Research and Exposure Assessment Laboratory, a project and a research team were assembled by NISS that pursued a program which produced a set of results and products from which this book was drawn.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/08/1998
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Statistics
- Series Part/Volume Number132
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight329 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byDouglas Nychka,Lawerence H. Cox,Walter W. Piegorsch
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.