All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis important work takes as its subject one of medicine's most pressing arenas of ethical debate. There has been a consistent interest in ethical issues arising in the context of HIV research. Ongoing international and multi-site studies and the continuing search for an HIV vaccine continue to prompt examination of how this research is conducted. Also examined are how participants are engaged in the studies and the obligations of the researchers to individual participants and their communities during the course of and following the conclusion of the research. Each chapter of this book is authored primarily by one of the editors (secondarily by the other) and is accompanied by one to two case studies.
- Author BiographyDr. Loue is known internationally for HIV research with minority communities, as well as research ethics and epidemiology. Dr. Loue has written books focusing on Epidemiology, Disease Prevention, and Sexual Practices. Earl Pike has been engaged in community-based HIV service and prevention program provision and management for over 20 years, and directs Ohio's largest HIV/AIDS service, education, and advocacy.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight545 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byEarl C. Pike,Sana Loue
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.