About this product
- DescriptionAs the fastest growing population sector worldwide, older adults are seen in almost every care setting in which clinicians practice. Developed as a resource for advanced practice nurses in any setting, Case Studies in Gerontological Nursing for the Advanced Practice Nurse presents readers with a range of both typical and atypical cases from real clinical scenarios. The book is organized into six units covering cases related to ageism, common health challenges, health promotion, environments of care, cognitive and psychological issues, and issues relating to aging and independence. Each case follows a similar format including the patient's presentation, critical thinking questions, and a thorough discussion of the case resolution through which students and clinicians can enhance their clinical reasoning skills. Designed to promote geriatric clinical education through self-assessment or classroom use, Case Studies in Gerontological Nursing for the Advanced Practice Nurse is a key resource for all those dedicated to improving care for older adults.
- Author BiographyMeredith Wallace Kazer, PhD, APRN, A/GNP- BC, FAAN is Associate Professor at Fairfield University School of Nursing. Dr. Kazer has authored or edited numerous books, two of which received the American Journal of Nursing Book of the Year Award. She has authored over 50 peer-reviewed journal publications, and 22 book chapters. Dr. Kazer maintains a clinical practice with a focus on chronic illness in older persons. Leslie Neal-Boylan, PhD, CRRN, APRN-BC, FNP is Professor and Graduate Coordinator at Southern Connecticut State University. Dr. Neal-Boylan has extensive experience in academia as well as family practice, chronic care, and internal medicine. She has edited or co-edited four books including one which won the American Journal of Nursing Award in the medical-surgical division in 2005. Additionally Dr. Neal-Boylan has published over 90 articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Author(s)Leslie Neal-Boylan,Meredith Wallace Kazer
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleCase Studies in Nursing
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight828 g
- Width174 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.