All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionNeurologists learn from their patients, and this selection of 60 stroke cases will inform and challenge clinicians at all stages in their careers. Including both common and unusual cases, the aim is to reinforce diagstic skills through careful analysis of individual presenting patterns, and to guide treatment decisions. Each case consists of a clinical history, examination findings and special investigations, usually involving imaging before a diagsis is given. There then follows for each case a discussion of the clinical issues raised by the case, in which the main teaching points are emphasized. Selected references, frequently including the first description, are provided at the conclusion of each case. Drawing on the expertise of leading teachers and practitioners, and liberally illustrated, these case studies and the discussions that accompany them are an essential guide to learning the complexity of stroke diagsis.
- Author BiographyMichael Hennerici is Professor of Neurology at the University of Heidelberg, and the editor, with Stephen Meairs, of Cerebrovascular Ultrasound: Theory, Practice and Future Developments, published by Cambridge University Press. He is Chairman of the European Stroke Society. Michael Daffertshofer is Professor of Neurology at the University Hospital in Mannheim, and director of the stroke unit. Louis Caplan is Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School and Senior Neurologist at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston. He is the editor, with Julien Bogousslavsky, of Stroke Syndromes and Uncommon Causes of Stroke, both published by Cambridge University Press. Kristina Szabo is Senior Lecturer in University Hospital Mannheim, and an expert in neuroimaging.
- Author(s)Dr. Louis R. Caplan,Kristina Szabo,Michael Daffertshofer,Michael G. Hennerici
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2006
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCase Studies in Neurology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note58 b/w illus. 36 colour illus.
- Weight595 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.