All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt last-a casebook that focuses exclusively on sexual orientation and gender expression in relation to social work practice. The scenarios feature gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (GLBT) individuals, couples, and families, and highlight GLBT issues in groups, organizations, communities, policy arenas, and research. The book also contains classroom exercises and suggested readings, making it a good resource for integrating GLBT content into the classroom. The casebook may be used as a complement to Morrow and Messinger's text, Sexual Orientation and Gender Expression in Social Work Practice: Working with Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender People (Columbia, 2006); on its own; or in conjunction with ather textbook. The editors are award-winning teachers who have organized a casebook appropriate for use at the undergraduate or graduate level in practice, policy, human behavior and the social environment, research, and field education courses as well as in courses focusing specifically on GLBT clients.
- Author BiographyLori Messinger, PhD, MSW is Assistant Professor and Director of the BSW Program, School of Social Work at the University of Kansas, Lawrence. Deana F. Morrow, PhD, LPC, LCSW, ACSW is an Associate Professor of Social Work at Winthrop University in Rock Hill, South Carolina. They are co-editors of the textbook, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity in Social Work Practice: Working With Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender People, to be published by CUP in January 2006.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication14/06/2006
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note2 tables
- Weight454 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byDeana F. Morrow,Lori Messinger
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.