All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCasebook of Neuropsychiatry provides a fascinating tour of the critical subspecialty of neuropsychiatry, which combines neurology and psychiatry to address organic disturbances in the central nervous system that give rise to mental diseases. The book is comprised of 11 chapters, with subjects ranging from apathy to hyperkinetic states, and from depression to psychobehavioral disinhibition. The chapters are further divided into 38 cases, each of which takes the reader from clinical presentation through differential diagsis and diagstic workup, to current treatment options. Although the book is written in an engaging, narrative style, it has a strong, thoroughly up-to-date scientific foundation. Each case is placed in the appropriate neurobiological context, thus enhancing both the reader's clinical skills and his or her neuropsychiatric kwledge. The book's many beneficial features include:; Complete coverage of the neurological diseases and treatments, including detailed material on the behavioral affiliations of the frontal, temporal and parietal cortices; limbic system; and basal ganglia;; Charts, illustrations, and imaging, which allow the reader access to all the diagstic and medical historical documentation necessary to fully understand each case;; Key Clinical Points provided at the end of each chapter, which focus the reader's attention on the most important facts and strategies; and; Suggested readings, which afford readers the opportunity to deepen and enhance their kwledge and understanding. By grounding the field of neuropsychiatry in real-life clinical problems, the editors have created an engaging and practical volume that allows psychiatrists, neurologists, residents, and others to update their kwledge of current neuropsychiatric thinking, sharpen their diagstic skills, and fully appreciate the nuance and substance of this rapidly growing field.
- Author BiographyTrevor A. Hurwitz, M.B.Ch.B., M.R.C.P. (UK), F.R.C.P.C., is Medical Director of the British Columbia Neuropsychiatry Program and Clinical Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Warren T. Lee, M.D., Ph.D., is Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science at Duke University Medical School in Durham, North Carolina.
- PublisherAmerican Psychiatric Association Publishing
- Date of Publication22/04/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationVA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychiatric Publishing
- Content Note50 halftones, 7 line drawings, 3 tables
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byTrevor A. Hurwitz,Warren T. Lee
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.