All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionHealth services management students need more preparation than ever to solve the problems they will confront in the increasingly complex health services environment. This fifth edition presents 28 challenging cases (10 new to this edition) that address pivotal issues students will encounter as administrators and managers: quality improvement, strategic planning, ethical dilemmas, organizational dynamics, cost-benefit analyses, resource utilization, and more.
- Author BiographyDr. Rakich received his master of business administration from the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor and his doctorate from Saint Louis University. His university instructional areas are strategic management and health services administration. During his 36 year teaching career, Dr. Rakich has coauthored 3 books in 12 editions, 40 journal articles (including those in Health Care Financing Review, Health Care Management Review, Hospital & Health Services Administration, Journal of Health & Society Policy, and Hospital Topics), and 35 conference proceedings and professional papers. Professor Rakich has been awarded a postdoctoral federal faculty fellowship with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and has served on the board of trustees of a home health agency and health systems agency. During academic sabbaticals, he served an administrative residency at Summa Health System and conducted on-site research of the Canadian health care system. Professor Rakich is a member of the Academy of Management, the Association for Health Services Research, and the Decision Sciences Institute. He holds personal membership in the Association of University Programs in Health Administration and is a faculty affiliate of the American College of Healthcare Executives. Professor Rakich is Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Management and Health Services Administration at the University of Akron, where he taught from 1972 to 1999. During that period he held administrative positions as Director of Graduate Programs in Business, Director of Executive Development Programs, and Coordinator of the MBA-Health Services Administration option program|Beaufort B. Longest, Jr., is the M. Allen Pond Professor and Director of the Health Policy Institute in the Department of Health Policy and Management at the Graduate School of Public Health at the University of Pittsburgh. Professor Longest holds a Ph.D. from Georgia State University. He is a fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives and holds memberships in the Academy of Management, AcademyHealth, American Public Health Association, and the Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management. He is an elected member of the Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society in Business as well as of the Delta Omega Honor Society in Public Health. His research has led to numerous peer-reviewed articles published in respected national and international journals. He has authored or co-authored 10 books and 30 chapters. Professor Longesta (TM)s current research and scholarship address corporate citizenship, policy making, and governance and management in health settings. His work in these areas has underpinned his most recent books, Managing Health Programs and Projects and Health Policymaking in the United States. Longest consults with health care organizations and systems, universities, associations, and government agencies on health policy and management
- PublisherHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/11/2010
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHealth Professions Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byBeaufort Longest,Jonathon Rakich
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.