Cases in the Environment of Business: International Perspectives by David W. Conklin (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $134.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $75.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Ivey Casebook Series is a co-publishing partnership between SAGE Publications and the Richard Ivery School of Business at The University of Western Ontario. Cases in the Environment of Business offers an outstanding collection of relevant, classroom-tested cases. In discussing the cases, students participate in managerial decisions in an international context. Most cases deal with a variety of environmental forces, but generally a single set of forces plays a predominant role. In view of this, the cases are divided in accordance with the following themes: - Industry structure: responses to strategies of customers, suppliers and competitors, dependence of profitability on unique value-added attributes, and the shift of certain activities to low-wage countries; - Macroecomic variables: income levels and growth rates, foreign exchange rates, inflation rates, interest rates, and unemployment rates; - Political variables: regulations, financial incentives, taxation, foreign investment restrictions, and international trade and investment agreements; - Societal variables: labour and environmental practices, ethics, corporate social responsibility, Boards of Directors, and demographics; - Techlogical variables: techlogical infrastructure and the pace and direction of techlogical changes, including in particular the Internet and e-business.
- Author BiographyDavid W. Conklin is James D. Fleck Professor in International Business and a Professor of the Global Environment of Business area group at Richard Ivey School of Business. In addition he is President, Conklin and Associates, Inc., a company which undertakes research and consulting activities for private corporations and government departments and agencies on public policy issues. He has also taught in the Economics and Political Science Departments at UWO, and has been an Adjunct Professor in Social Science. He earned a BA in political science and economics from the University of Toronto and a PhD in economics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Conklin's research work focuses on the interface between corporations and public policies. This includes work for governments in the design and enforcement of legislation and regulations, as well as consulting for corporations in influencing public policies and in complying with government legislation and regulations. He has been Director, UWO Office of the Institute for Research on Public Policy, and Director of the University of Western Ontario Centre for American Studies. Over the past fifteen years, he has published over 50 articles and over 30 books.
- Author(s)David W. Conklin
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication07/09/2005
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleIvey Casebook Series
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight1055 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.