Casino Security and Gaming Surveillance by Alan W. Zajic, Derk J. Boss (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $131.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $142.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlmost all incidences of cheating, theft, fraud, or loss can be detected through the surveillance of critical transactions, audit observations, and reviews of key metrics. Providing proven-techniques for detecting and mitigating the ever-evolving threats to casi security, this book covers the core skills, kwledge, and techniques needed to protect casi assets, guests, and employees. Drawing on the authors' six decades of combined experience in the industry, Casi Security and Gaming Surveillance identifies the most common threats to casi security and provides specific solutions for addressing these threats. From physical security and security management to table and gaming surveillance, it details numerous best practice techniques, strategies, and tactics, in addition to the metrics required to effectively monitor operations. The authors highlight valuable investigation tools, including interview techniques and evidence gathering. They also cover IOU patrol, tri-shot coverage, surveillance audits, threat analysis, card counting, game protection techniques, players' club theft and fraud, surveillance standard operating procedures, nightclub and bar security, as well as surveillance training. Complete with a glossary of gaming terms and a resource-rich appendix that includes helpful forms, this book covers everything surveillance and security professionals need to kw to avoid high-profile incidents, costly compliance violations and damage to property and revenue. It's professionals like Al and Derk who personify the professionalism that is crucial when establishing and operating modern casi security and surveillance departments. This book will quickly become the Bible for any security and surveillance officer. -Roger Gros, Publisher, Global Gaming Business Magazine
- Author BiographyDerk Boss is a well-respected gaming protection operator and consultant with more than twenty-eight years of experience within the gaming industry. He has served in executive positions in security, surveillance, and compliance capacities for American Casino and Entertainment Properties, Grand Casinos, Bally's, Aztar, Del Webb corporations, and Tropicana Entertainment. The surveillance teams trained and led by Boss have a proven track record of success in the detection of cheating, advantage play, and both internal and external theft and fraud. Boss has earned professional certification as a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Protection Professional (CPP), and Certified Surveillance Professional (CSP). Presently, Derk serves on the Gaming and Wagering Council for ASIS International and is a past chairman for the Council. He is currently the president of the International Association of Certified Surveillance Professionals (IACSP) and is one of its founding members. Derk is also a respected author, instructor, and speaker, specializing in the fields of surveillance training and methodology, gaming protection, loss prevention, and the detection of internal and external theft and fraud. He has appeared as an expert on several television networks, including the Travel Channel and his technical articles have appeared in dozens of professional journals, including Security Management magazine, which is published by ASIS International. ASIS International is the largest organization for security professionals with more than 36,000 members worldwide. As a speaker, he has been featured at several international conferences including the Global Gaming Exposition, Gaming Operation Summit, and Biometric Summit. Derk currently resides in Evansville, Indiana where Derk is the Director of Security and Surveillance for Casino Aztar. Alan W. Zajic is a Nevada licensed independent security consultant specializing in hospitality, gaming and retail security environments primarily in Nevada. He has more than 30 years of practical hands-on experience in security and surveillance operations and served as security director for the Sahara Tahoe and High Sierra resorts in Lake Tahoe as well as corporate security for Del E. Web, Corp. in Nevada. Alan is a member of ASIS International where he holds the designation of Certified Protection Professional (CPP) and is currently the chairman of the Hospitality, Entertainment and Tourism Security Council as well as being an active member of the Gaming and Wagering Protection Council. He is actively involved in the Northern Nevada and Las Vegas Chapters as well as the international security community. He is also a member of the International Association of Certified Surveillance Professionals (IACSP) where he holds the designation of Certified Surveillance Professional (CSP) and is a member of the International Association of Professional Security Consultants (IAPSC). He is a subject matter expert and track advisor for the American Gaming Association. In addition, Alan is an instructor for the University of Nevada at Reno in the Gaming Management Program and at UNLV for the International Gaming Institute in security and surveillance applications. He is frequently requested to present sessions at international security conferences and for various organizations throughout the country. Further, he is frequently called upon to serve as a forensic security consultant (expert witness) in gaming, hospitality, retail, bars and nightclubs, and multi-unit housing environments nationally and in Nevada. His practice areas include forensic consulting, management consulting, major incident management, policy and procedure development as well as conducting tailored training programs for gaming operations.
- Author(s)Alan W. Zajic,Derk J. Boss
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/10/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note45 black & white illustrations, 19 black & white tables
- Weight748 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.78New
- AU $76.89New
- AU $36.17New
- AU $29.80New
- AU $77.88New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $19.67Trending at AU $22.88
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $36.17
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.06
- AU $17.63Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $87.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.04
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $93.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.