All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a story about Cassandra, a lovely young registered nurse who becomes entangled in one of the first legal on-demand abortions performed in the United States. A parallel story describes her involvement with two American serviceman, one who is dead, and the other who is returning home from Viet Nam. The trauma resulting from his mistreatment by certain members of the public is a central issue, as is Cassandra's reactions to her personal problems. Set in the southern Appalachian town of Midnight City in 1973, it intends to accurately portray the tragedy of unwanted pregnancies, as well as some of the difficulties faced by American military personnel during the Seventies.
- Author BiographyJames Mintz holds an MA in English. He is married, has three children, and three grandchildren. He served in the U.S. Navy throughout the War in Vietnam.
- Author(s)James Mintz
- Date of Publication28/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.46
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.