All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlexandra Cassidy, affectionately kwn as Cass, grew up on Chicago's South Side amongst drugs, drive-by shootings, gang violence, rapes and murders. So when she became a homicide detective, the cases she was assigned never surprised her. As Cass looks down at 13-year-old Latoya's dead body on the sidewalk after she was shot in the head, she realized that while 20 years had passed since she was a teenager on these streets, thing had changed. To complete the investigation, Cass must work with newspaper reporter Matt Ellis, who comes from money and a world that she has never kwn. Matt's column on Latoya's death reveals details that even she and her team didn't kw. She learns that his inside source is his best friend, Brian, who grew up in the same neighborhood as Latoya, and that this new friendship may be the key to solving this case. The trio encounters a surprise in the form of Brian's estranged brother, Latrell, a local gang member. Latrell doesn't reveal that he is an undercover Federal agent, investigating the Russian mob supplying drugs to local gangs. The cases complicate one ather as two suspects in the murder investigation turn up dead, and evidence links Latrell's friend to the deaths. As the corrupt connections become clearer to Cass, she calls on her father, a retired police detective, and his partner to track down leads in both cases. Yet the danger revolving around Latoya's case might cost Cass her own life.
- Author BiographyKen Fain joined the Marine Corps right after high school, and worked as a radio telegraph and field radio operator. Following his time in the service, he received his bachelor's and master's in education from Central Missouri State University. He is the author of The Russian Connection, and when he's not working on his next book, he is usually on location for a photo shoot. His goal of capturing moments worth remembering are clearly depicted in his literary and visual collections.
- Author(s)Ken Fain
- Date of Publication15/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.46
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.