Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $85.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's Time to Die Dallas Welles, wife and mother, drama teacher at the local Community College has a picture perfect life. Right! The ugly truth, it's only perfect on the outside. It's her Twentieth Wedding Anniversary and her husband Bart has just told her, I will only make love to you when I want to whether you like it or t. Over the past year his manner and bouts of violence had become more erratic and frightening. Truthfully, the marriage is over and the only solution is to leave. Unfortunately, Dallas finds that leaving is t as easy as it should be. Before she kws it her husband is stalking her and threatening her life if she doesn't return home, it's the only way for the 'plan' to be completed he tells her. A plan only her husband understands a plan that frightens her beyond reason, yet she refuses to return home. While in a meeting with Irma, at the Senior Community Center, she is drawn to an older gentleman in a wheelchair. Irma tells her, Stay away from that man, he's dangerous. He's Victor DeAngelo, retired Mob Boss. Despite the warning Dallas finds herself intrigued rather than frightened by him. Dallas finds an apartment where she can be comfortable and fear free, or so she thinks. Her favorite student Robbie has just brought Boo back from the beach when Bart storms into her apartment and tells her, Get rid of him or I will. It's time to die, the Shadow figure tells Robbie and then puts a neat bullet hole, in his head. Dallas is devastated. Enter local police Detective Jesse Kelly. Do you kw of anyone who might have wanted to hurt Robbie? he asks. Did she, Bart wouldn't have done this just because she refused to return home, would he? Of course t, she tells herself besides he's out of town. Although the reason for Detective Kelly's visit was purely professional he finds himself attracted to Dallas beyond any rmal attraction he has ever felt before. Within days ather student is murdered and Dallas finds herself revealing her suspicions about Bart and the events that had taken place the last twenty-four hours to Detective Kelly. Just for the record has anything else suspicious happened to you lately? Dallas hesitantly explains Vic DeAngelo's interest in her and that he has had someone following her. With a chuckle, Jesse asks, What the hell is he doing mixed up in all this? Jesse visits Vic, and after exchanging information that they have on Bart, they agree that Dallas is in danger. Not having eugh evidence to supply Dallas with police protection, Vic offers to do the job. Before she kws it Dallas finds herself in the lap of luxury, by day surrounded by Vic and his goon squad, by night in the arms of Jesse Kelly. Will Jesse solve the murders before 'the Plan' is finalized or will Vic take matters in his own hands to protect Dallas at all cost? Will Bart go completely mad before he can be found? In this vel by S.C. Rackes, she tells a story of murder and romance. Together Jesse and Dallas find out who their friends are and the true meaning of the word 'family'. About the Author S. C. Rackes was born in the South and was part of a typical family of four. She married and produced a wonderful daughter whom she cherishes. S. C. started writing poetry at eleven during a lengthy illness and later in her twenties turned to writing vels. She currently has two works, 'Touch the Sky', a book of poetry and a romance vel 'Too Close to the Flame' published. Look for upcoming vels, poetry and children's books in the near future. S. C. currently lives in Michigan.
- Author(s)S C Rackes
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication12/01/2011
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight735 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.