All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most prolific and respected scholars today, Manuel Castells has given us a new language for understanding the impact of information and communication techlogies on social life. Politicians can longer run for office without a digital media strategy, new communication techlogies are a fundamental infrastructure for the ecomy, and the internet has become an invaluable tool for cultural production and consumption. Yet as more of our political, ecomic, and cultural interaction occurs over digital media, the ability to create and manipulate both content and networks becomes real power. Castells and the Media introduces a great thinker, presents original theories about the network society, and encourages readers to use these theories to help them understand the importance of digital media and social networks in their own lives.
- Author BiographyPhilip Howard is Associate Professor of Communication at the University of Washington.
- Author(s)Philip N. Howard
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication27/05/2011
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleTheory and Media
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.