Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionHow did European imperialism shape the ideas and practices of religion in East and Southeast Asia? Casting Faiths brings together eleven scholars to show how Western law, governance, education and mission shaped the basic understanding of what religion is, and what role it should play in society.
- Author BiographyTHOMAS DUBOIS is Associate Professor of History at National University of Singapore. He is the author of The Sacred Village: Social Change and Religious Life in Rural North China (Hawaii, 2005), as well as articles in the American Historical Review, East Asian History, History and Theory, and the Law and History Review.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication31/03/2009
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight485 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byThomas David DuBois
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.