All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the residents of a Highland care home discover that the new owners are about to substantially put up the fees, they kw that dramatic action is called for. But what can a group of senior citizens possibly do against a big organisation? For Dorothy, the situation is serious. If she can't raise money she'll have to leave all her friends, like dear Miss Ross. In protest, the residents barricade themselves into the lounge. However, their rebellion fails, so worldly-wise Joan suggests a most unusual way to cover the rise - a very naughty chat line for men who want to talk to older women 'in a particular way'! As their lives take a series of unexpected turns, things get increasingly out of control ...Casting Off is a hilarious, poignant tale of friendship, loyalty and sacrifice - and how it's never too late to try something new.
- Author BiographyAuthor, playwright and journalist P.I. Paris lives in the Highlands of Scotland and is best known for the historical fiction and non-fiction books he wrote about the Italian chapel, built during WW2 by Italian POWs in Orkney. His contemporary novel, Men Cry Alone, broke new ground in raising the profile of domestic abuse against men. His stage play, Casting Off, played to sell-out audiences in the autumn of 2015. The hilarious storyline is taken to new heights in his latest novel by the same name.
- Author(s)P. I. Paris
- PublisherBlack and White Publishing
- Date of Publication08/09/2016
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack and White Publishing
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.