All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCastle Class Locomotive Owners' Workshop Manual GWR/BR (SW) Castle Class, 1923 onwards Drew Fermor The Great Western Railway 4073 Class, or Castle Class locomotives were the pride of the GWR when introduced in the mid-1920s, and were heralded as Britain's most-powerful express passenger locomotives. 171 Castles were built or converted between 1923 and 1950, and eight preserved examples survive today. The core of this manual will be based around the ongoing restoration of Pendennis Castle by the Great Western Society at Didcot, which began in late summer 2000 after the locomotive returned from a 23-year stay in Australia. A fascinating insight into the design, operation and restoration of an iconic steam locomotive.
- Author BiographyDrew Fermor is a school teacher and one of the leading participants in the current restoration of Pendennis Castle in the workshops of the Didcot Railway Centre, which houses the Great Western Society's impressive collection of steam locomotives. He devotes much of his spare time to a hands-on role in the restoration and therefore has considerable knowledge of its engineering and specification. He has also written about the loco's history for the railway press. He lives in Slough.
- Author(s)Drew Fermor
- PublisherHaynes Publishing Group
- Date of Publication03/12/2014
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ H Haynes & Co Ltd
- Weight721 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.