All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this stunning, full-colour book, John Kinross explores the fascinating history behind the castles of Herefordshire, Shropshire and the Welsh border. Areas characterised by their rural beauty and agricultural charm, it is surprise that they are home to such extraordinary relics. From the majestic Goodrich Castle, which is situated by the River Wye and boasts one of the most intact sets of medieval domestic buildings surviving today, to the gorgeous red sandstone fort at Shrewsbury, protected by the River Severn, each site tells a different tale. Beautifully illustrated and extremely informative, Castles of the Marches is a must-read that brings the past to life.
- Author BiographyJohn Kinross is a member of 'Friends of Friendless Churches' and a lay reader. He has previously written a number of books on churches and castles across England and Wales. He has worked for various London publishers including 'County Life' and is a life member of the Fortess Study Group. He lives in Herefordshire.
- Author(s)John Kinross
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note100
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $22.76Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.