All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs America moves closer to rmalizing relations with Cuba, this gripping, vivid graphic vel reveals life and times of Fidel Castro, one of the twentieth century's most intriguing, charismatic, and divisive figures. The book is narrated by a German journalist named Karl Mertens, who is plunged into the searing heat of pre-revolutionary Cuba in the mid-1950s. He first meets with Castro while the latter is hiding in the mountains, then follows him through the dramatic revolution and his ascent to the presidency that, despite the Bay of Pigs confrontation and years of international trade blockades, lasts for nearly fifty years. We also witness his involvement in bloody skirmishes, failed missions, and brutal crackdowns, as well as his interactions with and on behalf of the Cuban people, which reveal as much about his fallible human qualities as they do his legend. Castro is the work of acclaimed German graphic velist Reinhardt Kleist; it was first published in English by Selfmade Hero for the British market, and is w being made available in the United States for the first time. Bristling with energy and alive with the spirit of Cuba, Castro has much to offer about the complex politics of one of the most enduring and controversial figures in modern history.Reinhardt Kleist is the author of fourteen books, including two others available in English: The Boxer and Johnny Cash: I See a Darkness. His many awards include the BZ Cultural Award for outstanding cultural achievement from the City of Berlin.
- Author BiographyReinhard Kleist: Reinhard Kleist is a German graphic novelist and comics artist, and the author of fourteen books, including two available in English: The Boxer and Johnny Cash: I See a Darkness. He has won numerous awards, including the BZ Cultural Award for outstanding cultural achievement from the City of Berlin.
- Author(s)Reinhard Kleist
- PublisherArsenal Pulp Press
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintArsenal Pulp Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width175 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.75Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $28.10Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.