All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst came the Teds, then the Mods and the Rockers, then Hippies, Skinheads and Punks. But by the late '70s, there was a new youth culture, one whose followers formed violent gangs, and were known as 'scallies,' 'trendies' and 'dressers' until the name Casuals finally stuck. Definitively tracing the roots of this inner-city Liverpool movement through first-person interviews with the main 'faces' of the gangs, Casuals explains how these hooligans evolved through the working-class fascination with sharp dressing to form bitter rivalries across England. With 16 pages of photos.
- Author BiographyPhil Thornton began writing for club and football fanzine Boys Own in the late 80s and went on to contribute to titles such as The Face, the Guardian, NME and Mixmag. He produces fanzine The Guttersnipe and is a founder of Partizan Media, an online multi-media collective based in Liverpool.
- Author(s)Phil Thornton
- PublisherMilo Books
- Date of Publication04/01/2003
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationRamsbottom
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMilo Books
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight231 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.