All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the Glorious Revolution, the supporters of the House of Stuart, kwn as Jacobites, could be found throughout the British Isles. The Scottish county of Angus, or Forfarshire, made a significant contribution to the Jacobite armies of 1715 and 1745. David Dobson has compiled a list of about 900 persons--including t only soldiers but also civilians who lent crucial support to the rebellion. Arranged alphabetically, the entries always give the full name of the Jacobite, his occupation, his rank, date of service and unit (if military), and, sometimes, the individual's date of birth, the names of his parents, a specific place of origin, and a wide range of destinations to which the Jacobites fled after each of the failed insurrections.
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.