Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains purrfect tales about fab furry felines from celebrated author Linda Newbery. It's swing outside, and Tom's neighbour Gary is building a swman with his dad. Tom's own dad is ill, upstairs in bed again. He isn't strong and boisterous, like dads ought to be. So Tom builds his own sw creation: a cold, snarling ice cat. It's strange...he didn't mean to build an ice cat. It just kind of forced its way out of the sw, rather like the animal sculptures his dad carves when he's well. But Tom's mum says his dad will never be fully well again, and inside, this turns Tom's heart to ice. He even begins to imagine he sees his vicious ice cat, prowling in the night. One morning, in a fit of rage and frustration, Tom destroys Gary's swman and his own ice cat. It takes a frank conversation with his dad before he is able to build a new, friendlier sw cat with Gary, and finally feel the ice inside him melt... Curl up with Cats Tales , a charming collection of stand-alone stories, at turns magical, mysterious, comic and touching.
- Author BiographyLinda wrote her first novel during the summer holidays from her job as a teacher. Now a multi-award-winning author, she has been shortlisted for the Carnegie Medal twice and has won the Costa Children's Book Prize. Linda does much of her work in her writing hut in her garden but is often distracted by her own furry feline friends
- Author(s)Linda Newbery
- PublisherUsborne Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUsborne Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Interest Age6+
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.