All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- Descriptioncontinues to be extremely rewarding. Experiments on future missions, such as the two 1981 Veneras, Gamma Ray Observatory, and the International Solar Polar Mission, will undoubtedly provide new and unexpected discoveries, but the work of the Leningrad group is likely to remain an important contribution to the field for some time to come. c.E.S.R. KEVIN HURLEY Toulouse, France June 9, 1981 CATALOG OF COSMIC GAMMA-RAY BURSTS FROM THE KONUS EXPERIMENT DATA Parts I and II E. P. MAZETS, S. V. GOLENETSKII, V. N. IL'INSKII, V. N. PANOV, R. L. APTEKAR, YU. A. GUR'YAN, M. P. PROSKURA, 1. A. SOKOLOV, Z. Y A. SOKOLOV A, and T. V. KHARITONOV A A. F. Ioffe Physical-Technical Institute, U.S.S.R. Academy of Sciences, Leningrad, U.S.S.R. and A. V. DYATCHKOV and N. G. KHAVENSON Institute of Cosmic Research, U.S.S.R. Academy of Sciences, Moscow, U.S.S.R. (Received 2 July, 1980) Abstract. Data are presented on the temporal structure, fluxes, energy spectra and coordinates of the sources of gamma-ray bursts detected in the KONUS experiment on Venera 1 I and Venera 12 space probes in the period September 1978 to May 1979. The statistical distributions of gamma bursts in duration, intensity, and peak power, as well as the distribution of the burst sources over the celestial sphere presented are based on the updated KONUS information obtained until February 1980.
- Author(s)E.P. Mazets,etc.
- Date of Publication01/02/1982
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight270 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementReprinted from ASTROPHYSICS AND SPACE SCIENCE, 80:1, 1982
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.