Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionIt is an engrossing compendium of devices which determine time by the sun or stars. The earliest sundials kwn from the archaeological record are the obelisks (c.3500 BCE) and shadow clocks (c.1500 BCE). In c.700 BCE the Old Testament describes a sundial as does Roman writer Vitruvius around 15 BCE. Italian astromer Giovanni Padovani published a treatise on the sundial in 1570 which included instructions for its manufacture. This engrossing catalogue concentrates on the half millennium from the 14th to the 19th century and presents a wealth of instruments that will both fascinate and educate the collector. It is originally published in 2007.
- Author(s)Anthony Turner
- PublisherGiunti Editore
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationFirenze
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintGiunti Editore
- Content Noteillustrated throughout
- Width195 mm
- Height265 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.