Catalogue of the Duncan Campbell Collection (Classic Reprint) by Unknown Author (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.34Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Catalogue of the Duncan Campbell Collection He was a student in the Albany Academy from 1830 to 1839 and then entered Union College as a sophomore, where he was specially interested in literature, became a member of Phi Beta Kappa and graduated in 1842. He studied law with Marcus T. Reylds and was admitted to practice in 1845. Several years were spent in European travel and in study at German universities. In 1857 he was appointed Assistant Adjutant General and served from 1857 to 1862 under Goverrs King and Morgan. Mr Campbell seems to have begun his book collecting about 1870. He made attempt at a balanced selection or a complete collection in any one line. The collection added to the State Library contained 2293 printed volumes, 19 bound manuscript volumes and 30 separate manuscripts besides several hundred pamphlets, engravings etc. All the books are provided with a special bookplate having the heading Duncan Campbell Memorial Collection. The special memorial collection consists of 368 printed volumes which are preserved in special cases and are marked in all catalogues with a D before the class number. It includes about 20 early editions and translations of classical authors; about the same number of editions of the Bible and the New Testament in Latin, German and English; a few of the early English collections of statutes; some of the older English dictionaries; early editions of standard English authors, as Chaucer, Spenser, Ben Jonson and Shakspere; table 16th and 17th century books of history and travel, Camden, Froissart, Hakluyt, Holinshed, Purchas, Ralegh, Stow etc.; and some of the Reformation authors both continental and English as Calvin, Cranmer, Erasmus, Jewel and Wiclif. The following memorial catalogue includes a complete list and description of the manuscripts, the 47 incunabula and over 300 other early printed and rare books. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Unknown Author
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight123 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Other
- AU $76.16Trending at AU $78.79
- AU $41.45Trending at AU $44.41
- AU $43.18Trending at AU $44.59
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $37.63
- AU $19.40Trending at AU $24.80
- AU $48.93Trending at AU $55.23
- AU $16.05Trending at AU $20.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.