All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJ. C. T. Oates began work at Cambridge University Library in 1936. During his long, scholarly career, which included serving as president of the Bibliographical Societies of London and Cambridge, he did much to further research at the University Library. In 1954 he published this catalogue of the fifteenth-century printed books, which were t included in the main library catalogues. The catalogue lists over 4250 items, with detailed information for those t already described in other publications, and gives references to such information where it already existed. The fifteenth-century material is listed by place of publication, and is indexed by author, title if anymous, printer, and former owners and autographs. Although modern catalogues of incunabula are w available online, Oates' catalogue is the only one allowing readers to locate items held by the Library from the earliest days of printing, and is still an important tool for researchers.
- Author(s)John Claud Trewinard Oates
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication18/02/2010
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - History of Printing, Publishing and Libraries
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note12 b/w illus.
- Weight1640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine70 mm
- Contained items statementContains 2 Paperbacks
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.