All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis introductory textbook covers all aspects of catalysis. It also bridges computational methods, industrial applications and green chemistry, with over 700 references. The author, a rewned researcher in catalysis, teaches scientific writing as well as chemistry. This makes him the ideal person to write such a textbook. The effectiveness of his practical approach has been well proven in courses for undergraduates and graduates (in 2007 he was voted lecturer of the year by the chemistry students). Following an introduction to green chemistry and the basics of catalysis, the book covers biocatalysis, homogeneous catalysis and heterogeneous catalysis, as well as computer applications in catalysis research. Each chapter also features integrated exercises that help students prepare for their exams.
- Author BiographyGadi Rothenberg is Professor at the Van 't Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences at the University of Amsterdam, where he teaches courses on catalysis, thermodynamics and scientific writing. He has published over 80 papers in peer-reviewed journals and discovered two catalysts, for which he received the Marie Curie Excellence Award in 2004 and the Paul Rylander Award in 2006. Rothenberg also invented a method for monitoring pollutants in water, and co-founded the companies Sorbisense and Yellowdiesel. In 2007 he was voted 'teacher of the year' by the chemistry students. He is married, owns no car, and has a black belt in Shaolin Kung-Fu.
- Author(s)Gadi Rothenberg
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication13/02/2008
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width176 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.