All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCatalysis has revolutionized the chemical industry as catalysts are used in the production of most chemicals, resulting in a multi-billion euro business. This advanced textbook is a must-have for all Master and PhD students in the field as it adopts a unique interdisciplinary approach to the topic of catalysis. It presents a collection of chapters that explain the fundamentals of catalysis as the area has developed over the past decades and introduces new catalytic systems that are of becoming of increasing current importance. It covers all the essential principles, ranging from catalytic processes at the molecular level to catalytic reactor design and includes several case studies illustrating the importance of catalysts in the chemical industry.
- Author BiographyMatthias Beller obtained his PhD at the University of Gottingen, Germany and completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, USA. Since 1998, he has been head of the Leibniz Institute for Organic Catalysis at University of Rostock. He is a member of the board of Dechema's Catalysis Section, the German Catalysis Competence Network ('ConNeCat') as well as the Innovationsagentur Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. He is also a member of the Association for Technical Sciences of the Union of German Academies of Sciences and Humanities. Albert Renken obtained his academic degrees at the Technical University of Hanover, Germany. Professor Renken has been affiliated with ETH Lausanne, Switzerland since 1977. He is author of over 450 scientific publications in journals and author or editor of 5 books and of numerous patents. From 1992 to 2000, Albert Renken was science councillor of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF), and from 1996 to 2000 he served as chairman of the European Federation of Chemical Reaction Engineering Working Party. He is also member of the Swiss Academy of Engineering Sciences. Rutger Anthony van Santen obtained his doctorate at the University of Leiden, Netherlands. After an initial career at Shell Research in 1988, he joined Eindhoven University of Technology as a Professor of Catalysis. In 1991 he became director of the Netherlands Institute of Research in Catalysis, and in 2005 he was made Royal Netherlands Academy of Science and Arts Professor. He is a member of the Royal Dutch Academy of Arts and Sciences, Dutch Academy of Engineering and is a Knight in the order of the Dutch Lion. Professor van Santen is the author or editor of 13 books, over 700 research papers and 22 patents, and has been awarded several national and international awards and visiting professorships.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1374 g
- Width180 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byAlbert Renken,Matthias Beller,Rutger A. van Santen
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.