All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCatalysis: Selected Applications traces the evolution and challenges faced in the field of catalysis. Beginning with the fundamental concepts based on the coordination of the molecules for activation, the mechanistic aspects of various typical homogeneously catalyzed reactions including polymerization reactions are elucidated outlining various manifestations of homogeneous catalysis both theory and practice. Electro catalysis, a special application of catalysis is given due importance and the basis and the relevance of electro-catalysis is emphasized. The catalysis required for sustainable development is outlined and discussed at length. Catalysis is often associated with surface acid and base properties and the manifestations and exploitation of acid-base catalysis are dealt with in a separate chapter. Finally, the book outlines the basic phemen of mass transport in catalytic systems and the role of diffusion in catalysis. The kinetic modulation of the mass transport in catalysts is given special emphasis.
- Author BiographyB. Viswanathan.: Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Author(s)B. Viswanathan
- PublisherAlpha Science International Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlpha Science International Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.