CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
- DescriptionGrace Gibson aka Gum Girl stars in three short stories rolled into one very entertaining book - the first in a series of four. Gum Girl might be pink, but she's got bite, she's got bubbles, and she's t afraid to use them! Grace Gibson has just moved to Catastrophe where her dad is the new head teacher at Calamity Primary School. It sure is ordinary town. This is a place where disaster rules the day. Meteors fall from the sky. Volcaes erupt. Giant robots roam the streets. Villains are on the loose. And evil geniuses are plotting revenge on a daily basis. What's more, one seems to care. Least of all the girls in Grace's class who would rather primp and preen than help a victim in distress. But, one day, a chance accident up in the loft with an old chemistry set and a stick of bubblegum leads Grace to an extraordinary discovery. It's going to save her life. In fact, it's going to save the lives of everyone in Catastrophe. But she has to keep it a secret. And, for that, she will need a whole new identity...This is a sensational new series from the hugely talented and award-winning cartoonist Andi Watson. Combining a truly mixed and engaging cast of characters with modern issues, a few fairytale twists, and classic comic book storytelling, Andi Watson has created a completely original world and a very heartwarming new super-heroine. There is a Web comic to launch one month ahead of publication. This is print-on-demand merchandise and major publishing programme.
- Author BiographyAndi Watson is a hugely talented writer and illustrator. He has created the scripts for highly commercial and successful brands including Buffy the Vampire Slayer as well as producing some of the most uniquely developed illustrated stories for young readers. Gum Girl combines all of these talents amounting to a highly original series.
- Author(s)Andi Watson
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Series TitleGum Girl
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date26/09/2015
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations
- Width181 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Interest Age9 years +
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.