All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProposing a vel theory of parts of speech, this book discusses categorization from a methodological and theoretical point a view. It draws on discoveries and insights from a number of approaches - typology, cognitive grammar, tional approaches, and generative grammar - and presents a generative, feature-based theory. Building on up-to-date research and the latest findings and ideas in categorization and word-building, Panagiotidis combines the primacy of categorical features with a syntactic categorization approach, addressing the fundamental, but often overlooked, questions in grammatical theory. Designed for graduate students and researchers studying grammar and syntax, this book is richly illustrated with examples from a variety of languages and explains elements and phemena central to the nature of human language.
- Author BiographyPhoevos Panagiotidis is Associate Professor of Linguistics in the Department of English Studies at the University of Cyprus.
- Author(s)Phoevos Panagiotidis
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Linguistics
- Series Part/Volume Number145
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note62 b/w illus. 19 tables
- Weight460 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.07Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.