All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeaturing a practical approach with numerous examples, this book focuses on helping the reader develop a conceptual, rather than technical, understanding of categorical methods, making it a much more accessible text than others on the market. The authors cover common categorical analyses and emphasize specific research questions that can be addressed by each analytic procedure so that readers are able to address the research questions they wish to answer. To achieve this goal, the authors: * Review the theoretical implications and assumptions underlying each of the procedures * Present each concept in general terms and illustrate each with a practical example * Demonstrate the analyses using SPSS and SAS and show the interpretation of the results provided by these programs. A Look Ahead section at the beginning of each chapter provides an overview of the material covered so that the reader kws what to expect. This is followed by one or more research questions that can be addressed using the procedure(s) covered in the chapter. A theoretical presentation of the material is provided and illustrated using realistic examples from the behavioral and social sciences. To further enhance accessibility, the new procedures introduced in the book are explicitly related to analytic procedures covered in earlier statistics courses, such as ANOVA and linear regression. Throughout each chapter the authors use practical examples to demonstrate how to obtain and interpret statistical output in both SPSS and SAS. Their emphasis on the relationship between the initial research question, the use of the software to carry out the analysis, and the interpretation of the output as it relates to the initial research question, allows readers to easily apply the material to their own research. The data sets for executing chapter examples using SAS Version 9.1.3 and/or IBM SPSS Version 18 are available on a book specific web site. These data sets and syntax allow readers to quickly run the programs and obtain the appropriate output. The book also includes both conceptual and analytic end-of-chapter exercises to assist instructors and students in evaluating the understanding of the material covered in each chapter. This book covers the most commonly used categorical data analysis procedures. It is written for those without an extensive mathematical background, and is ideal for graduate courses in categorical data analysis or cross-classified data analysis taught in departments of psychology, human development & family studies, sociology, education, and business. Researchers in these disciplines interested in applying these procedures to their own research will appreciate this book's accessible approach.
- Author BiographyRazia Azen is an Associate Professor in the Department of Educational Psychology at the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. She received her Ph.D. in Quantitative Psychology from the University of Illinois, Urbana - Champaign. She teaches graduate-level statistics courses, including a course in categorical data analysis, at the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. Cindy M. Walker is an Associate Professor in the Department of Educational Psychology at the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. She received her Ph.D. in Educational Psychology from the University of Illinois, Champaign - Urbana. She teaches graduate-level measurement and statistics courses, including a course in categorical data analysis, at the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee.
- Author(s)Cindy M. Walker,Razia Azen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/01/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Academic
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.