Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of papers addresses new trends in Cognitive Linguistics. Three parts of the book focus on Conceptual Metaphor Theory and Integration Network Analysis. Both the theoretical contributions and the empirical case studies stress the importance of contextual factors in the meaning making processes. They employ qualitative methods to analyze the use of metaphor in political discourse and in the conceptualization of emotions. The data sets include multimodal data, sign languages and co-speech gestures. The fourth part of the book contains two corpus-based studies. The fifth part concentrates on the grammatical categories of passive voice and aspect. One contribution discusses the problem of categorization in phology.
- Author BiographyMalgorzata Fabiszak is a University Professor and Karolina Krawczak is an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of English, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan. Katarzyna Rokoszewska is an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Philology and History, Jan Dlugosz University in Czestochowa.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication29/03/2016
- Series TitleLodz Studies in Language
- Series Part/Volume Number40
- Place of PublicationBern
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2016
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight530 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byKarolina Krawczak,Katarzyna Rokoszewska,Malgorzata Fabiszak
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.