All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionAn illustrated guide to holding, caring for and identifying caterpillars. Creatures that can turn from a caterpillar into a butterfly or a moth fascinate everyone. But there are many other interesting things to observe in the world of the caterpillar before metamorphosis. As you watch, you'll see leaves disappear into their nearly invisible mouths. Notice the smooth motion of sets of prolegs that are one of the unique characteristics of caterpillars. With the help of this guide and its closeup photographs, readers will learn about the body parts of a caterpillar, their life cycles and how to help them by planting certain types of flowers that will attract the insects. With helpful tips and tricks, this guide instructs the caterpillar hunter on how to find, identify, feed and care for these amazing insects. Ground rules for raising caterpillars are provided, as well as information about removing them from conservation areas. Identification information and photographs thoroughly describe the different kinds of caterpillars and warns the reader about the few dangerous caterpillars that should t be handled.
- Author BiographyChris Earley is the interpretive biologist at the University of Guelph's Arboretum and author of Hawks and Owls, Sparrows and Finches and Warblers.
- Author(s)Chris Earley
- PublisherFirefly Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFirefly Books Ltd
- Content NoteFull-colour photographs
- Weight127 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.