CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $29.84
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.46
- AU $10.07Trending at AU $18.93
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $24.93
- AU $17.06Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $8.89Trending at AU $12.21
- AU $4.15Trending at AU $6.73
About this product
- DescriptionWhat makes Catherine so special? She can't talk, she can't walk like her cousin Frances can. But Catherine listens very hard (hardly anyone does that), and she can walk in her special shoes, but when Frances tries, she just falls over! And her claps are so quiet that hardly anyone can hear them. These are the things that make Catherine special and, because her family kws how special she is, this makes them feel special too. This is the story of a child born with severe additional needs that focusses on the special nature of her abilities. Written from first-hand experience of the author's niece, this is a thoroughly researched and heart-warming book that will enlighten all who read it. Foreword by Jacqueline Wilson.
- Author BiographyGENEVIEVE MOORE lives in Victoria, Australia. She is a voiceover artist and actor and has been an improvisational performer, a radio announcer, Human Resources consultant and now soap-maker. She recently played a small part in the television series Neighbours. She was inspired to write Catherine's Story by her niece, who is profoundly and multiply learning disabled, as a celebration of her niece for Catherine's father and grandmother. This is Genevieve's first children's book. KARIN LITTLEWOOD studied Graphic Design at Newcastle University, followed by an MA in illustration at Manchester University. She has worked in editorial, packaging, design and advertising, as well as publishing. Swallow Journey was nominated for the Kate Greenaway Medal 2001. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Genevieve Moore
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication06/09/2012
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Childrens Books
- Out-of-print date14/07/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width214 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Karin Littlewood
- Foreword byJacqueline Wilson
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.