All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn July 8-11, 2006, the first ever truly International Congress of Roman Catholic Ethicists occurred in Padua. Four hundred Roman Catholic ethicists from all over the world met to exchange ideas, t under the aegis of the Roman Catholic Church, but under the patronage of a Dutch foundation and UNESCO. These ethicists, caught up in their own specific cultures, recognize the need to confront the challenge of pluralism; to dialogue from and beyond local cultures; and to interconnect within a world church, t dominated solely by a rthern paradigm. While many of these ethicists knew of their conference colleagues by reputation and from their writings, this is the first opportunity most will have to meet face to face and engage in cross-cultural dialogue within their discipline. This book explores and discusses further the ideas sparked by this conference.
- Author BiographyJames F. Keenan, S.J., is professor of theological ethics at Boston College, USA. He was principal editor of Catholic Ethicists on HIV/AIDS Prevention and is the author of numerous books.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication13/12/2007
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJames F. Keenan
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.