Cats of Egypt: An AUC Press Nature Foldout by Dominique Navarro, Senior Instructor Richard Hoath (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCats were just as favored in ancient Egypt as they are today. Egyptian paintings of domesticated cats date back 3,600 years, and animal cults included worship to the cat goddess Bastet. This AUC Press Nature Foldout explores wild and domestic cats of Egypt: large cats like the Cheetah, the Leopard, and the Caracal, which are all extremely threatened or near extinction within Egypt; and smaller cats including the African Wild Cat, Swamp Cat, Sand Cat, and Egyptian Mau. Whether wild or household pets, cats have long been beloved by people.- Each species described and illustrated, alongside examples of their natural prey in the wild- Map of Egypt describing the various habitats of wild cats, as well as locations of ancient Egyptian sites where the cat was worshiped and mummifed- Noted appearances of felines in hieroglyphs and reliefs- Conservation efforts for threatened cat species About the series: The AUC Press Nature Foldout series combine, in beautifully practical form, a wealth of information written by leading experts with striking full-color illustrations on the flora and fauna of Egypt and the Middle East. Designed for nature lovers and outdoor adventurers, as well as for indoor use, the foldouts come in an easily foldable format, at once compact, waterproof, and portable, making them durable and convenient travel guides. Size is 23 x 8.5 in. / 58.5 x 21.5 cm unfolded.
- Author BiographyDominique Navarro is an Emmy Award winning art director, natural history artist, and writer. In 2014, she won an Emmy for her work as art director on the History Channel (H2) series Big History. She has collaborated on environmental projects producing posters, books, and field guides for museums, schools, and tourism and ecology programs in California. As a trained forensic artist, she produces illustrations and sculptural reconstructions of unidentified persons and ancient archaeological remains.
- Author(s)Dominique Navarro,Senior Instructor Richard Hoath
- PublisherThe American University in Cairo Press
- Date of Publication18/12/2014
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationCairo
- Country of PublicationEgypt
- ImprintThe American University in Cairo Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.