All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe rugged land between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea, the Caucasus is the front line of a fascinating and formidable clash of cultures; Russia on one side, the predominantly Muslim mountains on the other. Here, award-winning author Nicholas Griffin recounts his journey to the Caucasus to explore the roots of today's conflict, centering his account on Imam Shamil, the greatest Muslim warrior of the nineteenth century, who remains virtually unkwn in the West.
- Author BiographyNicholas Griffin's first novel, Requiem Shark, won the Betty Trask Prize in 2000. He is also the author of The House of Sight and Shadow.
- Author(s)Nicholas Griffin
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication14/05/2004
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight304 g
- Width142 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.