All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of unique black and white photographs shows us a Reading we had all but forgotten. Forty years ago the town was changing fast and many of the buildings recorded here have since been demolished, redeveloped or changed beyond recognition. However, the canal and the churches provide reference points from which we may take our bearings, and some unlikely buildings have survived. Others, perhaps, should have been consigned to history but remain! This intimate portrait which shows a variety of scenes and locations, some well-kwn others tucked away, is brought to life by the people who inhabit the photographs and demonstrate the vitality and diversity of the town - aspects that live on despite changes in fashion and car design!
- Author BiographyTerry Allsop was born in London in 1940 but moved to Grimsby in 1944 because of bomb damage to the family home. Moving back to the Thames Valley in the 1960s, Terry worked for several architectural practices and it was whilst he was employed at the Reading office of Broadway & Malyan that he took the photographs in this book.
- Author(s)Terry Allsop
- PublisherTwo Rivers Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTwo Rivers Press
- Content Note80 b&w photos
- Width185 mm
- Height200 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.