All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis investigation into causal modelling presents the rationale of causality, i.e. the tion that guides causal reasoning in causal modelling. It is argued that causal models are regimented by a rationale of variation, r of regularity neither invariance, thus breaking down the dominant Human paradigm. The tion of variation is shown to be embedded in the scheme of reasoning behind various causal models. It is also shown to be latent - yet fundamental - in many philosophical accounts. Moreover, it has significant consequences for methodological issues: the warranty of the causal interpretation of causal models, the levels of causation, the characterisation of mechanisms, and the interpretation of probability. This book offers a vel philosophical and methodological approach to causal reasoning in causal modelling and provides the reader with the tools to be up to date about various issues causality rises in social science.
- Author(s)Dr. Federica Russo
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/10/2008
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleMethodos Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 5
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight532 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.