All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in paperback, an eye-opening guide to the massive societal impact of online social networks For today's super-wired, always-on, live-life-in-public young Americans, the causes they support define who they are. Societal aspirations have so permeated the net native population that causes have become like musical tastes. CauseWired illustrates wired causes in action, bringing real-world stories to readers. * Tracks the massive societal impact on causes of online social networks-from blogs, to video, to the rise of social networks * Reveals the extraordinary influence of online social networks-in raising money for charity, in changing the political climate and electing candidates, and in raising consciousness for causes From Facebook causes and campaigns on MySpace, to a raft of new startups and invative projects like Kiva, Change.org and DorsChoose, this immensely relevant book delivers actionable research and recommendations to help readers launch their own successful wired social campaigns.
- Author BiographyTom Watson is a journalist, media critic, entrepreneur, and blogger with a twenty-five year professional career that includes the cofounding of two companies and several popular online publications, bylines in more thana dozen major newspapers and magazines, and a history of innovation in media technology and online communities.
- Author(s)Tom Watson
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/12/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight312 g
- Width158 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine19 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.