All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent decades, the regions of Russia have taken different paths of regime transition. Despite the consolidation of an autocratic regime at national level and the centralization steered by Vladimir Putin's government, the variation across sub-national regimes persists. Using an invative theoretical framework, this book explores both causes and consequences of democratization in the regions of Russia. It is the first study in the field to systematically integrate structural and agency approaches in order to account for ecomic, social, historical and international causes of democratization and to trace its consequences. By focusing on the challenging and under-studied topic of sub-national regimes, the book provides a unique perspective on regime transition and the new theoretical framework contributes to a better understanding of democratization world-wide. The book will be of key interest to scholars and students of democratization, sub-national regimes, East European politics, comparative politics, post-communism, and international relations.
- Author BiographyAnastassia V. Obydenkova is a Senior Researcher at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain and a Research Fellow at the Centre for International Studies of London School of Economics, UK. Alexander Libman is Associate, German Institute for International and Security Affairs SWP, Berlin, Germany.
- Author(s)Alexander Libman,Anastassia V. Obydenkova
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleDemocratization Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 31 black & white tables, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.