All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is designed to take the candidate through the items in each domain such as ICD-9-CM and CPT classification systems, reimbursement methodologies, health records and data content, compliance, information techlogy, and confidentiality and privacy. The information provided in this manual is a collection of information from various references and will enhance the candidate's coding skills by assigning diagstic and procedure codes in both the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Author BiographySimone F. Thomas, MHSc, MHL, CCS, CCS-P, is the owner and President of Higher Learning Through Education, Inc. which provides coding exam certification reviews to individuals, schools, and various companies in the healthcare industry and will soon expand to provide ICD-10-CM/PCS training, EHR training, and consulting to physician offices and hospitals (e.g. conducting audits). She is an adjunct professor in the HIM/Coding Department at Miami-Dade College and teaches several courses including medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, medical billing, and medical coding. Ms. Thomas is also a coding analyst/auditor in the Medicare Risk Adjustment Department at Humana and also conducts book reviews for Pearson Publishing. Her education includes a bachelor's degree and certificate from Florida International University in Exercise Physiology and medical coding respectively, two master's degrees from Nova Southeastern University in Health Science with a concentration in Sports Medicine and in Health Law with a concentration in Compliance, as well as a HIT certificate from Broward College in EHR Training which is currently in progress and scheduled to be completed in September 2012.
- Author(s)Mhsc Mhl Ccs Ccs Thomas
- Date of Publication18/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.