All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe best way to learn history is to visualise it! Since 1998, Josh MacPhee has commissioned and produced over 100 posters by over 80 artists that pay tribute to revolution, racial justice, women's rights, queer liberation, labour struggles and creative activism. These essential moments are presented as a visual tour through decades and across continents, from the perspective of some of the most interesting and socially engaged artists working today. Includes work by Cristy Road, Swoon, Nicole Schulman, Christopher Cardinale, Sabrina Jones, Eric Drooke and Klutch.
- Author BiographyJosh MacPhee is a cultural worker living in Brooklyn, NY. His activities often revolve around themes of history, radical politics, and public space. His books include Signs of Change: Social Movement Cultures (co-edited with Dara Greenwald), Paper Politics: Socially Engaged Printmaking Today, Reproduce and Revolt (edited with Favianna Rodriquez), and Realizing the Impossible (edited with Erik Reuland). He also is a member of the political art cooperative Justseeds.org and a co-editor of Signal: A Journal of International Political Graphics.
- Author(s)Josh MacPhee
- PublisherFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Date of Publication27/01/2011
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight669 g
- Width184 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.