All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionChoosing to enrich your life by yourself is very different from being lonely. In Celebrating Time Alone, Lionel Fisher shares his personal reflections on solitude, brought into sharp focus by living alone for six years on a remote Pacific Northwest beach. He supplements his own reflections by interviewing men and women in sixteen states, in both rural and urban settings, who have stretched the envelope of their aloneness to Waldenesque proportions. All the material is intended to offer counsel, inspiration, affirmation, insights, encouragement, and advice on living well alone, to help learn to use solitude and periods of aloneness for self-discovery and personal growth-whether they choose aloneness or have it thrust on them.
- Author BiographyLionel Fisher's reflections on solitude came into sharp focus during six years spent by himself on a remote Pacific Northwest beach where he kept a detailed journal to record his thoughts, feelings, and emotions during this climactic period of willful isolation. The author of On Your Own: A Guide to Working Happily, Productively and Successfully from Home, and The Craft of Corporate Journalism, he also writes a column on the art of celebrating time alone.
- Author(s)Lionel Fisher
- PublisherBeyond Words Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2001
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBeyond Words Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight247 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byLionel L. Fisher
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.