All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book challenges the assumption that special schools are a second-best educational option for their pupils. It celebrates the success and importance of special schools within England and the support of local education authorities (LEAs) in maintaining them. Full of examples highlighting good practice, including the views of parents, pupils and ex-pupils who have all experienced a positive special school education, the book: * clearly outlines the principles at the heart of the inclusion debate * discusses the tension in schools between raising standards and being inclusive * assesses the future role of special schools * offers an alternative vision of 'optimal education' for each child. Celebrating the Special School will be of interest to parents of children attending special schools or considering placement, LEA officers, special school staff, staff working in units for pupils with SEN and parents of these children.
- Author BiographyMichael Farrell is an independent consultant in Special Educational Needs.
- Author(s)Michael Farrell
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid Fulton Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.