Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth by Richard J Foster (Hardback, 1988)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.61Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHailed by many as the best modern book on Christian spirituality, Celebration of Discipline has helped more than one million seekers discover a richer spiritual life infused with joy, peace, and a deeper understanding of God. Celebration of Discipline explores the classic disciplines, or central spiritual practices, of the Christian faith. Along the way, Foster shows that it is only by and through these practices that the true path to spiritual growth can be found. Dividing the disciplines into three movements of the Spirit, Foster shows how each of these areas contribute to a more balanced spiritual life. The inward disciplines of meditation, prayer, fasting, and study offer avenues of personal examination and change. The outward disciplines of simplicity, solitude, submission, and service help prepare us to make the world a better place. The corporate disciplines of confession, worship, guidance, and celebration bring us nearer to one ather and to God. Foster provides a wealth of examples demonstrating how these disciplines can become part of our daily activities--and how they can help us shed our superficial habits and bring the abundance of God into our lives. He offers crucial new insights on simplicity, demonstrating how the biblical view of simplicity, properly understood and applied, brings joy and balance to our inward and outward lives and sets us free to enjoy the provision of God as a gift that can be shared with others. The discussion of celebration, often the most neglected of the disciplines, shows its critical importance, for it stands at the heart of the way to Christ. Celebration of discipline will help motivate Christians everywhere to embark on a journey of prayer and spiritual growth.
- Author BiographyRichard J. Foster (Public and Private): Richard J. Foster, a Quaker, is the author of several bestselling books, including Freedom of Simplicity and Prayer: Finding the Heart's True Home, which in 1993 was Christianity Today's Book of the Year and won the Gold Medallion Award from the Evangelical Christian Publishers' Association. He is the founder of Renovare, an infra-church movement committed to the renewal of the church in all her multifaceted expressions. He lives with his wife, Carolynn, in Denver, Colorado.
- Author(s)Richard J Foster
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/1988
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight397 g
- Width147 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement25th
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.