Celebutantes by Ruthanna Khalighi Hopper, Amanda Goldberg (Paperback / softback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrepare to enter a world of what fashion designer Michael Kors has called stylish intrigue, glamorous machinations, and such juicy fun. Take a wild ride with Amanda Goldberg and Ruthanna Hopper, who have culled their insider's purview to peel back Oscar's legendary curtain and reveal what really goes on under the sheets of Young Hollywood. Do Happy Hollywood Endings really exist, or does everyone end up on the cutting room floor sooner or later? It's a shocking, entertaining race to the end of the red carpet Twenty-six-year-old Lola Santisi, daughter of an Academy Award-winning mega-director and a former cover model, is Hollywood Royalty without a kingdom--or even a condo--to call her own. This Actorholic, who also suffers from Career Deficit Disorder, is looking for more from life than what her famous last name has offered, namely her mother's last-season Chanel hand-me-downs and the lurking shadow of her father's fame. In her latest gig as a Hollywood ambassador, Lola's stepping out of her Louboutins and into fashion's ultimate combat boots to engage in LA's cruelest blood sport: convincing celebrities to wear an unkwn designer's gowns to the Oscars. Providing advice, emotional support, and even a new mantra or two are her BFF (Best Friend Forever) Kate Woods, an obsessively ambitious talent agent desperate to go from unter to uber, and her BAF (Best Actress Forever) Cricket Curtis, a struggling up-and-comer trying to surpass her role as a coma victim on Grey's Anatomy and overcome one rejection after ather to become the next Cameron Diaz or Nicole Kidman, or the next anybody. Together, they dodge fashion roadkill while navigating General Motors' Annual Fashion Show, the Gagosian dinner at Mr. Chow, and more. Ultimately, the week culminates at the uber-exclusive Vanity Fair Oscar party, where the allotted time slot on your invitation marks how far in or out you really are. But who will be left standing with job, heart, and stilettos still intact at the after-after-Oscar party?
- Author BiographyRuthanna Khalighi Hopper received her BA in Art History at the University of California at Davis and studied theatre in New York City at William Esper. She started her career in production in New York and went on to produce and co-star with her father, Dennis Hopper, in the critically acclaimed independent film Americano. Amanda Goldberg received her BA in English Literature and Art History at the University of Pennsylvania. She began her career working for fashion designer Todd Oldham in New York before returning to Hollywood to join her father, film and television producer, Leonard Goldberg's production company, where she was the associate producer on the blockbuster film Charlie's Angels. The authors currently reside high in the hills above HOLLYWEIRD.
- Author(s)Amanda Goldberg,Ruthanna Khalighi Hopper
- Date of Publication03/02/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.20
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.66
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.92
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $20.04
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.46
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.